呢頁係個網上私有同埋自由資源嘅目錄，你可研究時能用得到. For advice on Wikipedia-specific tools, see Wikipedia:Researching with Wikipedia. The page has a section of resources that are offered and one of resources that are wanted. These sections are separated into subsections for specific resource types.
These are not public domain resources. They may be helpful references, but you are not allowed to copy material directly from these sources.
Please add your own resources in the appropriate section and provide as much detail as possible about:
- version of the resource
- storage form of the resource (paper, CD-ROM, online archive etc.)
It is assumed that these resources are available to you for free or that you are willing to cover any costs. Users should note that these shared usage offers, unless otherwise noted, are only valid for Wikipedia purposes.
English and others - Offered resources改
- Der Spiegel (weekly newsmagazine)
- Konkret (monthly leftist magazine)
- CD-ROM archives 1987-1996: Eloquence
- Taz (daily newspaper)
- Electronic access from 1986 to present: Eloquence
- German news agencies
- Various, electronic access from 1998 to present: Eloquence
- New Scientist (weekly UK science magazine)
- Science News
- The Economist
- Access to archive and premium content Piotrus
- The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles 14 edition. Chart positions and dates for all singles which entered the top 75 since the fifties. --bodnotbod 22:43, Jun 3, 2004 (UTC)
- The Globe and Mail (Canadian newspaper)
- The New York Times
- Encyclopaedia Britannica
- The full OED
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 77th edition (1997) (chemical and physical data on just about anything): DrBob
Writing and Publishing改
Chicago Manual of Style, 14th edition (1993): Centrx
Oxford Companion to Philosophy (1995): Centrx
A large (150-200 books) private library (print) on the subject 'voyages of discovery'. Especially interesting Raymond John Howgego: Encyclopedia of Exploration to 1800 (2003). - Andre Engels
Free online resources改
Free online English Language dictionaries:
- Merriam-Webster American English as main entries, but include British English as 'See-also' entries. Dictionary and thesaurus.
- Cambridge Dictionary a British dictionary, also recognises American spellings. Dictionary.
- One click will switch you to one of the following Cambridge dictionaries: American, Learner's, Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, French / English, Spanish / English (just follow the link above).
- One Look To search many online dictionaries at once, great for American and British English, check spellings and definitions. Dictionary and thesaurus.
- Dictionary.com can check American and British spelling - refers to several other dictionaries, this is the spell checker used by google. Dictionary and thesaurus.
- Online dictionary free multi-lingual online dictionary between English and nine modern languages - Spanish dictionary, French, German, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Latin, Chinese and Japanese dictionary.
- Dictionary Swedish Latin free dictionary for Swedish and Latin.
- Language-reference Cross-foreign-language lexicon powered by its own search engine. All cross combinations between French, German, Italian, Latin and Spanish.
- Google scholar Searches peer-reviewed sources.
- Bodnotbod's British media search
- Click it to restrict your Google search to:
- Once you have clicked you can drag the favicon to your links bar for future quick access or just add to your favourites.
- Add further sites simply by adding OR site:www.foo-bar.com to the end of the search in the Google input box; add no search terms; press return; then bookmark or what-have-you.
- hypertextbook.com The largest part of this website is a collection of scientific essays written by high school students on various topics.
- PubMed Entrez Global Query Cross-Database Search System. Free access to biomedical databases: online science textbooks, clinical trials, biomedical literature, Human genome, protein structure, taxonomy, etc. Put out by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Internet Public Library -- not a resource by itself, but a collection of helpful, vetted links to major topics.
- CIA World Factbook - A wealth of facts about each nation of the world.
- Gannett's Resources for Newsrooms - Links to further resources categorised by subject area, eg Crime / Housing / Agriculture...
- BBC Country Profiles - includes audio and video clips.
- Canadian Encyclopedia (also in French)
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online - Biographies of people who have had an impact on Canada and who died between 1000 and 1920 or whose last known date of activity falls within these years
- Find Articles from LookSmart.
- Search results usually include free access to articles (esp sourced from British newspapers and magazines) not found through Google, including articles that pre-date widespread use of the Internet and even from the late 80s.
- List of journal search engines
- List of scientific journals
- Wikipedia:Newspapers and magazines request service, where you can request articles from commercial databases, to be delivered via email