- Bell, B.S., & Kozlowski, S.W.J. (2008). Active learning: Effects of core training design elements on self regulatory processes, learning, and adaptability. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93, 296–316.
- Fadde, P.J., & Klein, G.A. (2010). Deliberate performance: Accelerating expertise in natural settings. Performance Improvement, 49, 5-15.
- Freeman, S., Eddy, S., McDounough, M. et al. (2014). Active learning increases student performance in science, engineering, and mathematics. PNAS, 111, 8410–8414.
- Gagne, R.M. (1962). Military training and principles of learning. American psychologist, 17, 83–91.
- Lohman, M. (2002). Cultivating problem solving skills through problem based approaches to professional development. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 13, 243–256.
- Meyer, R. (2002). Problem solving skills through problem based approaches to professional development. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 13, 263–270.
- Noordzu, G., Hooft, E., Mierlo, H. et al. (2013). The effects of a learning-goal orientation training on self-regulation: A field experiment among unemployed job seekers. Personnel Psychology, 66, 723–755.