- Data are from national censuses conducted in 2010 or 2011 in the reported countries.
- "U.S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2003, Section 1 Population" (pdf) (英文). U.S. Census Bureau. pp. 59 pages. 原先內容歸檔 (PDF)喺2014-12-28. 喺2008-06-29搵到. Table 47 gives the figure of 214,809,000 for those five years old and over who speak exclusively English at home. Based on the American Community Survey, these results exclude those living communally (such as college dormitories, institutions, and group homes), and by definition exclude native English speakers who speak more than one language at home.
- "The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language, Second Edition, Crystal, David; Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press,  (2003-08-03)". 原先內容歸檔喺2016-03-03. 喺2008-06-29搵到.
- Population by mother tongue and age groups, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories – 20% sample data 互聯網檔案館嘅歸檔，歸檔日期2009年3月10號，., Census 2006, Statistics Canada.
-  互聯網檔案館嘅歸檔，歸檔日期2008年3月6號，. Main Language Spoken at Home. The figure is the number of people who only speak English at home.
- Census in Brief 互聯網檔案館嘅歸檔，歸檔日期2007-08-09., page 15 (Table 2.5), 2001 Census, Statistics South Africa.
- Languages spoken 互聯網檔案館嘅歸檔，歸檔日期2007-03-29., 2006 Census, Statistics New Zealand. No figure is given for the number of native speakers, but it would be somewhere between the number of people who spoke English only (3,008,058) and the total number of English speakers (3,673,623), if one ignores the 197,187 people who did not provide a usable answer.